RCUK-CONFAP-FAPESP Workshop UK-Brazil partnership on astronomical instrumentation
Foster a strong partnership between astronomical institutes in Brazil and the UK, particularly on collaboration on novel technologies for innovative instrumentation on large telescopes.
To increase the capacity and expertise in opto-mechanical, electrical, and software engineering via up-skilling from collaborative work on astronomical instrumentation.
To provide secondment opportunities in the UK and Brazil to early-stage researchers.
To grow scientific collaboration between the UK and Brazil in observational astronomy.
- Dr Chris Evans, STFC UK Astronomy, Technology Centre, UK
- Prof. Beatriz Barbuy IAG/USP, Brasil
- Prof. Ray Sharples, Durham University Dept. of Physics, UK
- Dr Katia Cunha, ON/MCTI, Brasil
- Dr Bruno Castilho, LNA/MCTI, Brasil